mAn in the kitchen

mAn in  the kitchen

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Coconut Walnut Balls

This is what I am GOING TO call a energy candy ball....... cuz that is what it is.































I was in search of a easy to make no bake snack that would give me energy . I choose this Coconut Walnut ball recipe -- I found this recipe in the worlds healthiest foods book. I give this 5 stars mainly because it is easy to make. I also love the taste. These are like eating a lemon lime candy-- no baking and non dairy as well.

The Scoop

Ingredients 

2 cups walnuts
1 cup soft dates, pitted
1 TBS grated lemon rind
3 TBS fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup fine grated coconut for coating


Directions 

Coarsely chop the walnuts in a food processor
add in the other ingredients reserve the coconut
blend until well combined , stop when the mixture starts to stick together, but before it 
turns into a big ball.

scoop out a tablespoon at a time 
roll into a ball
place coconut onto a platter 
coat walnut balls by rolling in the coconut until well coated

place the balls onto a baking sheet let sit in refrigerator for an hour to allow to set up .


Store in a airtight container for up to 30 days 

enjoy this sweet snack 

this mixture will make anywhere from 15 to 30 balls depending on the size of the ball.